Alexandra's Reviews > Taming the Beast

Taming the Beast by Emily Maguire

Mar 19, 12

This book was way beyond my reading choices, I decided to give it a go bc the story sounded very intriguing and I personally like teacher/student relationships and how they're developed. This book however was purely sex, having intercourse,Sex,more sex sadistic/masoquist, and intentionally heartbreaking to read because the characters obviously treat sex like something as simple that you would do in the morning and it becomes unbearable that you just want to throw away the book as far away from you as possible. The main character Sarah is nothing more than a whore(no judgement) and the teacher is sick. to a point that they're just so obsessed with each other that They will emotionally harm the closest to them just to be together, which I think they're obsession to each other is just pure, sick, and mental. As for the other characters I feel extremely bad that they had to put up with that, maybe some things are just meant to be....not. I personally couldn't put the book down but that doesn't make me love it or hate. It's one of those books that you're just under their spell and you can't wait to snap out of it. The author's writing is magical to a point where you're just in awe of such tragic, disgusting maddening story.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Taming the Beast.