KatLynne's Reviews > Play It Safe

Play It Safe by Kristen Ashley

Revised

This book has been lurking around in my mind all weekend. Confined to my bed with the terrible stomach flu and being too sick to even read, it came to me that my rating of 3.5 stars was due more to comparing this book to others I've read by KA. Stepping back and viewing it on it's own merit it is easily 4 star read for me.

There were elements about this story that I loved. And yet, there were parts that slowed and didn't hold my attention.. From the very first chapter, I was intrigued and wanted to know what monsters lurked in Ivey’s past forbidding her from making connections; never having friends, a home or any type of normal life as we know it.

The hero, Grayson Cody is so easy to love. And I did love this sexy, handsome cowboy.

There is a secondary character that I found myself loving equal to or more than the hero. This guy was great and it was a close tie for me:)

This book is definitely a worthy read. I enjoyed Grayson and Ivey's journey, the secondary characters and the epilogue.

12 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Play It Safe.

02/10/2012

message 1: by Dee (new) - added it

Dee Will be interested to see your review KatLynne as this is on my list to read ☺

Baba  ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter That's interesting KatLynne. I think Play it Safe is my least favorite KA story to-date.

I felt kinda the same about:
And yet, there were parts that slowed and didn't hold my attention.

Also, I found myself loving Lash, one of the secondary characters more than the hero. This guy was great and it was a close tie for me.

message 3: by Kristen (Peddler of Smut) (last edited Feb 11, 2012 02:27PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kristen (Peddler of Smut) I've wondered about this book. I like your honest review, KatLynne. It's kinda funny because we all become kinda shocked if a KA book isn't a 4 or 5 star book that make us all swoon over the hero. Lol.

KatLynne Dee wrote: "Will be interested to see your review KatLynne as this is on my list to read ☺"

I liked this one Dee. I revised my rating and gave it 4 stars. It's not one of my favs but definitely a worthy read. As with all her books, KA can keep my attention and the story is very good.

KatLynne Baba wrote: "That's interesting KatLynne. I think Play it Safe is my least favorite KA story to-date.

I felt kinda the same about:
And yet, there were parts that slowed and didn't hold my attention.

Also, I ..."

Yes Baba, while this is a good book, it's not one of my favs.

KatLynne Kristen wrote: "I've wondered about this book. I like your honest review, KatLynne. It's kinda funny because we all become kinda shocked if a KA book isn't a 4 or 5 star book that make us all swoon over the hero. ..."

Thanks Kristen! And yes, I agree with you. Reflecting on this book over the weekend, I changed my rating to 4 stars. It's a really good book, just not as good as her others I've read.

Jill Oh, you revised your rating KatLynne. Good one! I agree that this was not quite as good as KA's others. But I really did love Gray & Ivey. Probably about 3.8 stars for me but 4 was close enough.

Btw, I hope you're better KatLynne. You must have been bad to not even be able to read. God forbid!

message 8: by Dee (new) - added it

Dee Good review KatLynne.....I hope you are feeling better now.

I was pleased to see that you revised your rating to 4 stars. I have got this one on my TBR pile and it is obvious from yours and other reviews that this is a different sort of story that we normally associate with KA.

It does sound interesting and I will go ahead and read but think I need to be in the right frame of mind in order to enjoy it.

KatLynne Thanks Jill and I agree with you. A 3.8 would be a perfect rating.

I am getting better just not 100% yet. Hopefully I'll be able to read today!

KatLynne Dee wrote: "Good review KatLynne.....I hope you are feeling better now.

Hope you enjoy this one Dee. I'm anxious to see what you think.

UniquelyMoi ~ 1-Click RockChick This one actually ended up being a favorite! Great review, Kat!

KatLynne UniquelyMoi *~*Dhestiny*~* wrote: "This one actually ended up being a favorite! Great review, Kat!"

So glad you enjoy it Dhes and I loved your review!