Tishia (Paperback Opinion)'s Reviews > The Mystic Wolves

The Mystic Wolves by Belinda Boring

Feb 07, 2012

Read from February 07 to 09, 2012

The Mystic Wolves contains the first 3 novellas in this series – Without Mercy, Cherished, and Blood Oath. I have read and reviewed Without Mercy and Cherished, but hadn't yet read Blood Oath. When I got the chance to review this book, I went ahead and re-read the first 2 parts to refresh my memory. There was some extra story added to the beginning, which I enjoyed. Each part flows together smoothly, so I don't think anyone would notice that they used to be three separate novellas.

The first two stories in this book really are heartbreaking. There are a lot of emotions running wild, such as grief and guilt. While Darcy and Mason are trying to comfort each other, more emotions come into play – like love and passion. Despite the pain that the characters are in, they seem to have moments where they are completely focused on each other, and these moments are when the steaminess occurs.

The last part of this book has some action and suspense moments, involving the wolves and vampires. The ending of the book contains a cliffhanger that is driving me crazy! I won't spoil anything, but I'll just say that I didn't see that coming and I can't wait to read the next installment.

This book is filled with great characters – including a lead female that readers can identify with and the swoon-worthy alpha male that you'll drool over. I think this book is okay for teenage readers. There isn't any sex – Darcy and Mason are waiting until their mating ceremony before taking that next step. That doesn't mean that there isn't any heat though – there definitely are some steamy moments. I really, really hope the next book comes out soon because I'm dying to know what happens next.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Mystic Wolves.