Babs's Reviews > Sweet Revenge

Sweet Revenge by Diane Mott Davidson

Feb 11, 12

bookshelves: mystery-cozy
Read from February 07 to 11, 2012

I think I’m getting to be a cranky old lady. I used to love this series. I did enjoy the book, but Goldy Schulz is just too nosy for her own good and keeps investigating murders in Aspen Meadows and the surrounding communities. Why her husband, Tom, a police investigator, tolerates her behavior, I really don’t know. In this book, she literally stumbles into his investigation of a crime scene. She was just too nosy to stay away. She also takes advantage of her assistant in her catering business. Julian is left to handle the events, while she goes off, or just temporarily leaves the kitchen to overhear conversations or do her usual amateur detective work.

I did enjoy the mystery, though. There are plenty of suspects and the perpetrator is not at all obvious, from the beginning. There are the usually twists and turns that make the story interesting. Thankfully, she did not pull a murderer out of thin air, as one booka recently read did. That’s like cheating to me.

I also like Goldy and Tom’s relationship. He is a very understanding and loving husband. They seem to complement each other well; even though I don’t know why he lives with her investigating on the side.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sweet Revenge.