Chere's Reviews > Wraeththu

Wraeththu by Storm Constantine

Feb 07, 2012

bookshelves: fantasy, dark
Read in February, 2010

Book 1: The Enchantments of Flesh and Spirit (5 stars)[return]I read this upon recommendation of a good friend (in fact, my single-volume copy of the trilogy was given to me by her), and it was every bit as good as she said. The entire mythology created by Storm Constantine is quite amazing, filled with enchanting characters and fascinating histories. She has painted the world so vividly and created such a compelling character in Pell. A gifted storyteller![return][return]Book 2: The Bewitchments of Love and Hate (5 stars)[return]The second book in Storm Constantine's Wraeththu trilogy is my favorite. The myth grows, and Swift proves to be a very engaging narrator. It is also refreshing to see the new world through a pure-born Wraeththu har's eyes. Also in this book is my favorite character, or at least the one who fascinates me the most -- the beautiful and mystical Cobweb. A very enchanting read![return][return]Book 3: The Fulfilments of Fate and Desire (4 stars)[return]Though it was still a good read, this is my least favorite book in the Wraeththu trilogy. Storm Constantine tells it as well as before, but I simply am not very fond of Cal. There were good moments, but also several that establish why he is not one of my favorite characters; I thought it ended all too conveniently for him.[return][return]Overall, though, the Wraeththu trilogy is pure magic, a saga like none other that I've read. A highly recommended read for lovers of fantasy!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wraeththu.