Dale Harcombe's Reviews > When I Found You

When I Found You by Catherine Ryan Hyde

Feb 10, 12

Read from February 07 to 09, 2012

An enjoyable read about a man who goes above and beyond the expectations of many, after he finds a new born baby covered in leaves in the woods. Although unable to legally adopt the child as he would have liked because the child has a blood relative - his grandmother, Nathan never loses sight of young Nat, named by his grandmother after his saviour. It's not at all an easy relationship for Nat and he encounters more than a few of life's troubles, some self inflicted. Though I found some of the passages about boxing a bit boring since I'm not a fan of boxing, I always wanted to keep reading to see how it turned out. It's a story that restores faith in human nature and makes the reader think about what constitutes a worthwhile life.
2 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read When I Found You.

Paula Vince I tend to agree with you about the boxing bits, Dale. My grandpa used to be a boxer so I'd heard a lot of it before.

Suzanne I agree Dale, I wasn't overly fussed in the boxing parts, but like you earned to keep reading.

Dale Harcombe If you Liked that one I think you will really like Don't Let Me Go by Catherine Ryan Hyde by the same author.

Suzanne It's at my library Dale, so will get to it soonish. I found this one a very nice read.