Rebecca's Reviews > Fruits Basket, Vol. 6

Fruits Basket, Vol. 6 by Natsuki Takaya

Feb 07, 12

bookshelves: library
Read in February, 2012

If you are a fan of the Fruits Basket anime series and have watched all the episodes, this volume is were the final episode ends. This volume was crazy good!

Technically this is at the very end of the volume but I want to get to all the Kyo stuff so: Ayame is still trying to build a relationship with Yuki. Yuki decides to go to Ayame’s shop and he takes Tohru with him. They are in for some big surprises. There's not a big Oprah moment when everyone all of a sudden gets each other, but you can see some walls are starting to crack.

This volume starts out with Kyo and Kagura, and Yuki and Tohru going out on two separate dates. When they all get back Kazuma is there. Kyo is really excited to see Kazuma because he raised Kyo and promised that when he could he would come back for him. At first I didn’t know if I could like Kazuma or not, but after I heard his full story and how much he loved Kyo I couldn’t help but love him, too.

Kazuma wants Kyo to truly heal and he feels the only way that can be done is if someone other than him can accept Kyo’s other form. I am not going to tell you exactly what Kyo turns into but I will say this is the first time I have ever read about someone who is cursed to turn into a monster of some kind and that monster also smell of rotting flesh! I felt so bad for Kyo. The flashback of how his mother would check to see if he had his bracelet on all the time that kept him from turning when he was a child. How she would never let him go out around other people out of fear. I felt like I had new understanding when it came to Kyo.

The Anime and the Manga are a little different. There is a lot more foreshadowing in the manga. I am super excited to read all of this series still and I am totally team Kyo!!!

Happy Reading,
Rebecca
www.bendingthespine.blogspot.com
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fruits Basket, Vol. 6.