Stephanie Griffin's Reviews > The Hearse Case Scenario

The Hearse Case Scenario by Tim Cockey

Feb 18, 12

Recommended for: everyone who likes a good modern mystery
Read from February 07 to 18, 2012

Tim Cockey’s third book in his ‘Hearse’ series, the 2002-published THE HEARSE CASE SCENARIO, is a very funny tale of undertaker Hitchcock ‘Hitch’ Sewell’s investigation of a local murder.
I thought I knew who the murderer was, changed my mind, changed it back, and not once was I right. A part of what makes a great mystery is this: a story where you can’t guess the ending.
The story starts with Hitch’s friend Lucy appearing at his funeral home and telling him she just killed her boyfriend Shrimp, a local who owns a popular jazz lounge. More murders pile up and lots of people may have the motives to do them. Meanwhile: Krishnas give away food, a man has hands the size of toasters, and a large painting is maneuvered out of a second story window.
As I’ve said, this is a great mystery just in the fact that you can’t guess the murderer (at least I didn’t). Other strengths of this book include the great building of characters and the several sub-plots going on.
My favorite character has to be Hitch himself with his slanted look at life. His conversations with his P.I. friend Pete Munger are classic. Hitch has a fabulously dry sense of humor. I LOVED it and kept laughing out loud all through the book.
I believe everyone who likes a good modern mystery will enjoy THE HEARSE CASE SCENARIO.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Hearse Case Scenario.

message 1: by Maria (new)

Maria Schneider I read the first couple in this series. Funny and fun!

Stephanie Griffin Maria wrote: "I read the first couple in this series. Funny and fun!"

So far I'm really enjoying it! -Stephanie

message 3: by J. Bryce (new)

J. Bryce Ya made me want to read it!

Stephanie Griffin Bryce wrote: "Ya made me want to read it!"
Yeah, that's kinda the whole point of writing a positive review! I really do think you would like it, Bryce! :)

message 5: by J. Bryce (new)

J. Bryce In the library profession we call that a "book-talk." Trying to stir interest in possibly reluctant readers!