Sarah's Reviews > The Haunted Ebook

The Haunted Ebook by J.L. Bryan

F_50x66
Feb 07, 12

I bought this book for my Kindle partly because I liked Jenny Pox by the same author and also because I liked the blurb on the back.

I'm kind of picky when it comes to pure horror in books. I don't find it entertaining that often, but I found myself liking the characters in this book. Some of the scenes were incredibly gory and disturbing - and there was one scene in particular that creeped me out completely (book virus, for those of you who have read it).

The dipping between characters wasn't as confusing as I thought it would be, although it can feel a little weird to read about a character reading about a character reading about a character - but that, of course, is the whole point. (Corrine begins thinking that she's just a character as well, waiting her turn to die).

The 'monster' was suitably scary. There weren't any redeeming qualities to him, which is often seen in horror. In my opinion, the author did a very good job with this book and I definitely enjoyed it and will probably read it to a couple of my friends. All in all, it was an original premise and executed well.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Haunted Ebook.