Monika 's Reviews > Special Forces

Special Forces by Aleksandr Voinov

Feb 07, 2012

bookshelves: favorites, g-uniform-cop-firefighter-military
Read from February 07 to 26, 2012

I'm not sure even where to begin, I thought sleeping on it before I write a review would help. It didn't.

I guess I'll start by saying I read all four books as one, in my opinion if you are able this is the way it should be read. It's an extremely emotional journey that I'm so glad I took. Special Forces has become my all time favorite series and I can't see anything coming remotely close to it.

Everyday it was a roller coaster ride of emotion that at times was hard to deal with. I found myself crying tears of sadness, then tears of happiness there were times I wanted to throw my Kindle at the wall I was so angry and other times I just needed to hold it tight! *sigh*

There are no words I could use to adequately describe the experience that reading this beautiful story will give you. There is a fine line between love/hate and friends/enemies that this author was able to walk with finesse.

There are parts of this series that are brutal and disturbing but the strength and love of these two characters, Dan and Vadim, carry you through an unbelievable story.

A Must read or re-read!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Special Forces.

Quotes Monika Liked

Aleksandr Voinov
“The leopard is a cruel lover. His tenderness breaks the gazelle’s heart.”
Aleksandr Voinov, Special Forces

02/10/2012
11.0% "I'll be reading this forever! It's a good thing I really like it :) on page 371 of 3338 @_@"
02/11/2012
15.0% "I'm now on page 504 of 3338! I like epics but this is crazy!"
02/12/2012
25.0% "Now I'm on page 835 of 3338, I think I might be getting somewhere:) Love this/these book(s)"
02/14/2012
31.0% "Page 1040 of 3338. Almost one third of the way through, hmmm... that doesn't as good as page 1040 of 3338."
02/15/2012
40.0% "page 1342 of 3338 Close to the halfway. This is becoming one of my favorite books. I wish people would stop interrupting me and let me read!"
02/17/2012
51.0% "page 1730 of 3338 Getting closer!"
02/19/2012
67.0% "I don't think I'm going to make it to the end. This thing has me crying again! :(" 74 comments
02/21/2012
72.0% "My heart hurts! :( Someone remind me again why I love these books? @_@" 43 comments
02/22/2012
75.0% "I can't believe it!!!NOT AGAIN...grrrr.. Where is that paperback,I need to throw something, NOW!!!"

Comments (showing 1-46)

dateUp arrow    newest »

Juri  Jorn Herself maybe?
Homestretch! :)

By the way, the Old testament is about 600K words, and these four books are roughly 1 million... you kind of read two bibles front to back :O

Monika I'm done!!!! and you're crazy!

Juri  Jorn You aren't done yet! Look at your messages!

Monika what are you talking about? what messages?

Juri  Jorn Sorry, late email... I did not just send you the last message I just sent you...

*sneaky*

Monika Are you having trouble with GR?

Juri  Jorn Yuppers

Monika This is starting to happen a lot. I don't know about you but it screws with my messages in and out!

message 38: by Vio (new)

Vio Fluffy wrote: "Busy!

I want to drop out of school and become a stripper! :("

Can I come and see.........Monika before you have heart failure, I am only joking!!

Monika Vio really!!!

message 36: by Deeze (new)

Deeze Monika wrote: "I'm done!!!! and you're crazy!"

You deserve a medal

Was the ending worthy of the rest? and do you have your next read lined up? lol

message 35: by Vio (new)

Vio Monika wrote: "Vio really!!!"

What...

message 34: by Deeze (new)

Deeze See SEE and she tries to claim status

message 33: by Vio (last edited Feb 26, 2012 11:27PM) (new)

Vio Deeze wrote: "See SEE and she tries to claim status "

You just misunderstood my meaning.......Oh Monika I am so glad you finished and survived!

Monika Vio you are so bad!!

Dee you two play nice!

At some point here I'll probably be gone GR is acting up again, keeps going down and either not sending messages or sending them more than once. It's nuts. If I do lose you guys Goodnight!

message 31: by Deeze (new)

Deeze I always play nice. Besides she starts it

Monika You two are crazy and sorry lost my train of thought I was just ogling some pic Fluffy just sent!

message 29: by Vio (new)

Vio Oh sure of course I do....I am the bad influence the corrupter of the innocent ha!

message 28: by Deeze (new)

Deeze Glad to see you finally admit Vio. Thats very big of you

Pics Monika? are you going to share? lol

message 27: by Vio (new)

Vio Monika why is Fluffy sending you pics now???? Hmmmmm!!!

Monika Well you won't be corrupting me that happened a long long time ago!!

message 25: by Vio (new)

Vio Monika wrote: "Well you won't be corrupting me that happened a long long time ago!!

Vio I'm glad I'm finished but as you can see according to JR I'm not. How could he!!"

You love it....and you were crying about it finishing and wanting to re-read again lolol!

Monika No Dee I am not going to share not right now anyway!! They are just for me to ogle:)

Vio I played the hurt my feelings thing and tada pics! :DD

message 23: by Juri (last edited Feb 26, 2012 11:49PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Juri  Jorn I believe in equal opportunity in man candy!

Let me introduce you to the Burgess Brothers.

All three of them are rugby players of the Sydney Rabbitohs. One of the brothers has an identical twin. Good looks obviously runs in the family -_-

Above is George Burgess. He has an identical twin brother pictured below, Tom Burgess. Tom is in England, the other three brothers are in Australia.

Above is Luke Burgess and in my opinion, the most handsome of the three. There are actually two rugby men in Australia named Luke Burgess. This one plays for the Rabbitohs.

And this sans Luke, is Sam Burgess.

Ridiculous how gorgeous they are right? -________-

The only reason why i know about them is that they have like 5000 followers combined on twitter... I'm ashamed to admit I'm one of them T_T

Monika Hey no fair I didn't want to share yet!!

Juri  Jorn Oh, and in my parallel universe, these four aren't brothers.

Luke -> Dan
George -> Vadim
Sam -> Matt
Tom -> Jean

... I'm not sure who Hooch will be though >.<

Monika I don't even know what to say to that aren't they a bit young not for you for me. That was what was nice Vadim and Dan were close to my age I didn't have to feel guilty about lusting after them!! :D

Monika Vio wrote: "Monika wrote: "Well you won't be corrupting me that happened a long long time ago!!

You love it....and you ..."

Yes, I do love it and I might reread it again soon just not tonight! :D

message 18: by Vio (new)

Vio Handsome, Handsome hunky guys lol! Thanks Fluffy for the share!

Monika And I just noticed he sends me pics of guys that are in Australia. What good is that to me?

message 16: by Deeze (new)

Deeze Tom is in England, the other three brothers are in Australia.

See lifes just not fair. Vio gets 3 and I onlt get 1

Thank you fluff. You have a good eye, Sorry Monika, we can share though, I'll ogle on days that end in a Y and you can have em the rest of the time

Monika Very funny Dee!! hahaha

message 14: by Vio (new)

Vio I love it Fluffy posted pics of Aussie hunks for me!!!

Monika I'm really not going to show you guys the other two he sent, so there!! OMG! this is so High School!!

message 12: by Vio (new)

Vio

Monika Hey guys do you think he's sitting back laughing at us waiting to see if it turns into a cat fight?

message 10: by Vio (new)

Vio Yep of course he is typical lol!

Monika Well I hate to ruin his fun but it's 12:15am and I think I better go to sleep.

I'll talk to you guys later!

Goodnight!

message 8: by Vio (new)

Vio Ciao!!

Juri  Jorn No.

message 6: by Vio (new)

Vio Fluffy wrote: "No."

message 5: by Deeze (new)

Deeze Monika wrote: "Hey guys do you think he's sitting back laughing at us waiting to see if it turns into a cat fight?"

Wait come back this isnt over

message 4: by Vio (new)

Vio Dee don't make us look scary please....

Monika Deeze wrote: "Monika wrote: "Hey guys do you think he's sitting back laughing at us waiting to see if it turns into a cat fight?"

Wait come back this isnt over "

Dee....Do I need to worry about you now too? Your for penchant for violence is concerning. *LOLO*

This is the second time the swords have come out both times it involved me and Vio, you seem awfully anxious to see something start between us?

message 2: by Deeze (new)

Deeze Honest I'm so passive I could double as a doormat lol.

Its the smilies they corrupt me lol.

Monika Right!!! I'll just let you keeping thinking that but I'll be watching. *LOLO*