Greta is Erikasbuddy's Reviews > Kevin's Point of View

Kevin's Point of View by Del Shannon

Feb 07, 12

bookshelves: indie-author-love, mickey-reads
Recommended for: eleven and unders
Read from February 04 to 07, 2012

*this book was read and reviewed by Greta’s son, Mickey

The Plot
In the book, Kevin’s Point of View, Kevin is being chased around Colorado and through time itself by a man named Devin. It began when Kevin got a package and inside was the device called the influxitron that allows people to go through time. Kevin doesn’t know how to work the influxitron so Kevin can’t make his own mission any easier to get away from Devin. Devin’s mission is to kill Kevin and anything that stands in his way to get the influxitron back. Kevin and his best friend, Tony, have to find their way back to their home town of Boulder, Colorado and get to the police but before they reach Boulder Kevin is sent back in time and has a new mission. Kevin is sent back in time to the day of his own father’s death. Once Kevin finishes his mission he is sent forward in time to the day he is sent back to present day and figures out something about his past that he never knew about.

Q & A with Greta and Mickey

Did you enjoy this book?
The first chapter was slow but I did enjoy the rest of the book.

Would you recommend this book to any of your friends?
No, because I don’t think they would like it.

Why is that?
My friends wouldn’t like to read a book about a 12 year old kid.

What would they rather read about?
Girls would rather read Twilight and boys would rather read Eragon. But I would rather read Harry Potter over this book.

How old do you think a kid would have to be to enjoy this book?
It depends, is someone reading it to them?

Sure.
Ummm… I would say about 8 years old.

And what about reading it on their own? How old do you think they should be?
About 10 or 11 years old.

Were there any funny parts in this book?

Why not?
It’s too serious.

Do you think the author was trying to make it too serious or was he failing at being funny?
I think he was failing at being funny.

As a 14 year old boy, could you relate to any of the characters?

Did they act like kids or did they act more like adults?
More like kids

Did they act like a 12 year old?

What did they act like?
They acted like 7 year olds. 12 year olds don’t use their imagination that much.

What do they do?
Sports or Band

Not video games?
They do play video games.

Ok… I was wondering because that’s what you did when you were 12. What is this thing called band you speak of?

Do you think a girl would enjoy this book more?

Why?
Too many boys.

Mickey… that’s pretty sexist of you…..
Well, it’s true.

Well, Mickey, thank you for taking the time to review this book for Paranormal Wastelands.
Who’s Paranormal Wastelands?
Are you kidding me? That’s the blog I help run. Where have you been?

Well?

Mickey just left folks… Apparently blogs bore him, too.

I'd also like to thank Del Shannon for giving us a copy to review. I hope Mickey's review doesn't discourage you lolz. He can be a hard customer, sometimes. I haven't a clue where he got his pickiness from ;)

1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Kevin's Point of View.