Tom's Reviews > The Walking Dead, Vol. 13: Too Far Gone

The Walking Dead, Vol. 13 by Robert Kirkman

Feb 07, 12

bookshelves: comics
Read in February, 2012

I keep on being impressed by how long this series has remained engaging. The zombies have continued to fade into the background and the social dynamics of the post-apocalyptic world make up the majority of the plot in this. The other thing I've noticed, as my reading of volumes gets spread apart, is how little the characters address each other by name. This makes the speech far more natural, but can also cause me pains trying to remember who the newer characters are. If only everyone had garishly unique neon costumes so I could keep them straight.

Perhaps it is just a connection I thought of because of the AMC TV shows, but the protagonist Rick has started reminding me of Walter White from Breaking Bad. With both characters, I keep on thinking they are doing incredibly stupid things, starting to hate them for it, and then finding a begrudging respect as the decision pans out. I am starting to enjoy thinking of the main character as an ruthless anti-hero.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Walking Dead, Vol. 13.