Adelaide's Reviews > The Complete Sherlock Holmes

The Complete Sherlock Holmes by Arthur Conan Doyle

Apr 29, 12

bookshelves: crime, mystery, psychological, short-stories
Read from February 23 to April 29, 2012 — I own a copy

It took me quite some time to read The Complete Sherlock Holmes: All 4 Novels & 56 Short Stories mainly due to school and other activities. In fact, at this moment, I still haven't finished every single story in this book yet.

I have read the Sherlock Holmes series in different books before and in a more modern writing style. But, personally, I prefer a more original style of writing, mainly because this was the way the author wrote it and not the way other people interpreted it. That's the main reason why I bought this version of the series instead of another.

It surprised me though. For such a small book, it sure have lots of pages. It's smaller than some of my other books but it has several hundred more pages. And the font is rather small, but then again, if it wasn't as small, probably another thousand pages would be needed.

All in all, I like this version of the Sherlock Holmes series than the other versions, which typically don't include all the stories.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Complete Sherlock Holmes.