Lynsey • The Demon Librarian's Reviews > Forged Of Shadows

5112089
Feb 14, 12

bookshelves: the-shelf-of-meh
Read in February, 2012

What the hell happened here? I really enjoyed book one, but I'm afraid this one was just disappointing on practically every level.

I was expecting this series to be very formulaic- and it is- as are nearly all these types of Paranormal series. The only one I can think of that really tries to shake things up a bit in terms of how the couple meet and what they have to face in each book, is J. R. Ward and her Brotherhood series. But anyway, I digress. So I was prepared (if not totally accepting) for it to start out the exact same way as the first book, with a new female coming into the League and for one of the warriors to be overwhelmingly drawn to her and for him to want to be the one to help her through her transition (which involves sex) and for them to fall in love yada, yada, yada. And honestly, I could have coped with that, and with this being almost a carbon copy of the first book even down to the same bad guy, had it had even just a smidgen of the same warmth and charm that book one had.

But it didn't.

The romance was as flat as a pancake. The angst and conflict between the main couple, League leader Liam Niall and Social worker-type Jilly Chan, was contrived and childish. The sex scenes were meh. The dialogue was in no way as amusing or charming as it was with Sera and Archer. The plot was dull as dishwater and the repeat of the bad guy made it even more so. The writing, which had been quite clever and poetic previously, has also suffered a deterioration. I'm kind of gutted, really.

I don't think I will be continuing the series as it's going to be very hard to muster up any excitement for future instalments after I've been bored like this. I shouldn't ever have to be bored whist reading. What up with that?

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Forged Of Shadows.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

✽ Sharon is an emotional book junkie ✽ oh no...not verra good?

Lynsey   • The Demon Librarian B.O.R.I.N.G.

✽ Sharon is an emotional book junkie ✽ dang...that's another series on my list. :(

message 4: by Yodamom (new)

Yodamom Well I can pass on this one too, Thanks !