Samantha The Escapist's Reviews > Clockwork Princess

3119053
May 16, 2013

liked it
Read from April 13 to May 16, 2013

It's good. I approve. The ending is pretty douchy but it doesn't fill me with the same rage it seems to fill others with.

The book is good, easily her best writing yet, really grew to like the characters this time around and I thought the story progressed pretty naturally.

I'm glad, gives me some hope for the Dark Whatevers.

I guess I don't have many terribly specific problems with it, I always take issue with the same things when it comes to Cassandra Clare's work and I guess now that I'm so jaded with her stuff I'm back to being able to enjoy other aspects.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Clockwork Princess.

04/13/2013 page 65
11.0% "Is it just me or is the perspective swinging around more crazily than ever? Unfortunately, if I'm to stand a chance at liking this book (which I really want to do!) I have to abstain from any other Clare material to avoid author-fatigue. So I can't reread the first two to refresh my spotty memory which means I'll probably be in the dark a little.

Also isn't Will just a little too observant of his sister's eyes?"
04/13/2013 page 66
11.0% "Because seriously, I can't believe we have more awkward sibling closeness so soon outa the gate here.

Anyway, aside from the perspective and the introduction of Tatiana who, I can only guess, will be a regular and fill the isabel/jessamine void, I think this one is doing pretty damn good. The characters feel like real people I know and like for a change and they're being juggled pretty well."
04/18/2013 page 240
42.0% "It's pretty good after all. I'm thinking about it while I'm not reading which is a lovely change and I'm really quite fond of the characters. Very few complaints so far."
04/23/2013 page 330
58.0% "Still pretty satisfied. It reads well, I find that I do think of it from time to time throughout the day, but I don't NEED to read it. In fact, it's taking rather longer than I thought."
05/16/2013 marked as: read