May's Reviews > Anna and the French Kiss

Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins

Feb 17, 12

Read in January, 2012

Meh.
Read whole review here. http://oopsireadthatbook.blogspot.in/2012/02/anna-and-french-kiss-by-stephanie.html
The protag was okay and the main guy was drool-worthy, the friends weren’t bad and the plot was simple but realistic. There was nothing wrong with the writing; it was actually pretty easy to read. Nothing really happened and maybe I am just too old for this. Or I can’t stand a pure romance novel.
I feel like EVERYONE loves this book. There are like barely any goodreads reviewers who have given it less than four star.
I have nothing against books that are just to be read for fun, but someone could have died, or someone could have killed someone, or there could have been some drama. I mean, real drama. Not boo-hoo my dad is so rich and famous and he is the worst dad ever because he is more Nicholas Sparks than Ian McEwan and he sends me to a school in paris and I hate my dad’s books and I like this guy and he has a girlfriend and my friends are confusing and okay yeah, that was the basic plot. *Spoiler Alert* She gets the guy and lives happily ever after.
The book should have been funnier. It takes itself way too seriously.
But credit where credit is due, I loved Paris. The setting was epic. Stephanie Perkins (Could she be related to Ann Perkins?) nailed that part. That’s the reason I read the whole book. Well, except for the chapters I didn’t. There were these long talks and walks around Paris that reminded me of one of my favourite movies, Before Sunrise.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Anna and the French Kiss.