Inspired Kathy's Reviews > The Anti-Prom

The Anti-Prom by Abby McDonald

Feb 22, 12

bookshelves: read-in-2012
Read on February 07, 2012

Under usual circumstances this is a book I would have put down after reading the first couple of chapters, but circumstances were not normal. This was the only audio book I had with me at work and I had a mundane task to complete so I just kept listening. By the time work was done I was nearly half way through the book and then kept listening because I wanted to know how everything turned out.

The first half of the book was just ok, it was entertaining but I really didn't care about the characters and found it to be a little far-fetched and cheesy. However it held my interest enough to continue to the end and I did like the ending. So its rating went from a "not my kind of book" or "wouldn't recommend" to a "take it or leave it" kind of read by the end. There really isn't much more I have to say other than if it looks like something you might enjoy perhaps you should check out a few other reviews to see what others thought about it since it really wasn't my cup of tea.

Rating: 2.5 Stars - Take it or Leave it

Content: Too much for my liking. Lots of language including a couple uses of the F word, talk and descriptions of everything that goes with a stereotypical prom, after parties & frat parties.

Source: Library
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Anti-Prom.

02/07/2012 page 75
26.0% "Not sure I'll finish this one... Entertaining but there is a lot of content."