Erin's Reviews > It's a Little Book

It's a Little Book by Lane Smith

Feb 07, 12

bookshelves: childrens, board-book, 12-18m, 18-24m
I own a copy

This is the baby version of It’s a Book by Lane Smith. Shorter, sweeter, and with the characters in diapers, It’s a Little Book is one of those reads that’s fun for parents too. You’ll enjoy a chuckle (in the it’s-funny-because-it’s-true way) at the crazy uses the characters think up for the book in their hands. “Is it for riding?” “No!” “Is it for emailing?” “No!” Finally they arrive at the discovery that it’s a book and is, in fact, for reading.

My son would have nothing to do with this book for about a year. I think the colors are too simple and the illustrations too similar across each page to grab the attention of a young baby. However, now that he’s talking he loves back-and-forth games so he loves shouting “noooooooooo!” after we read each question. We also act out all the crazy suggestions to use a book, and it’s short enough that he can anticipate what action is coming next, which he also loves. So while I wouldn’t recommend this for a younger baby, I think it’s a really fun title for a baby 12 months and up.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read It's a Little Book.