Abbie's Reviews > The Cowboy Father

The Cowboy Father by Linda Ford

May 02, 12

bookshelves: western-romance, christian-historical-fiction, 2012, netgalley-read, blog-reviewed
Read from March 11 to 15, 2012

Louise is looking for a job. She was very sick and now is hoping to help pay the medical bills by getting a job. She is also dealing with the news that she can not have children because of the illness she had. The job she ends up getting is to tutor a young girl who has a broken leg and can not going to school. Also the girls father is quite handsome and kind and Louise starts to have feeling for him even though she does not think any man would want her because she can not have kids.

Emmet wants to only keep his little girl safe and he feels like he has failed. When the new tutor upsets her he is ready to send her on her way but over time he comes to care for her. Will Emmet be able to over come things from his past to fall in love again and can Louise see her worth even if she can not have kids? Read this book to find out.

This book was okay but I did not love it.

What I liked: I like the time period and the family. It is interesting to read how hard people had to work during this time period to keep food on the table and a roof on their head. I felt the characters where believable and I hoped things would work out for them.

What I did not like: As much as I like the characters I did not feel like I connected with them. In the first book Louise came across very fragile almost like she could barely walk and might never be healthy enough to get a job etc. So when in this book she was healthy except for not being able to have kids she just did not even feel like the same character from the first book. Emmet and his daughter where okay but he just up and left his ranch because he daughter had broken her leg which seemed like a bit of a stretch to be able to leave it that long. His daughter started out a spoiled brat but slowly got better but I just did not like her that much and I felt the plot was a little week.

Over all it was an okay book to read but I found the short novella after it was more interesting then the main story. I probably will read the third book when it comes out because I am curious about the youngest sister but this is not a series I am in love with.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Cowboy Father.