Chhavi's Reviews > A Little Wanting Song

A Little Wanting Song by Cath Crowley

Feb 09, 12

Read from February 07 to 09, 2012

See, the water molecules are attracted to each other so much that they hold on for as long as they can. They grip to each other till they’re too heavy and then they break. It’s why water falls in tears.

This story is about two girls, Charlie and Rose. Charlie is an artistic girl, trying to cope up with grief. After her mother's and gran's death, she finds peace only in music. She knows she's good but she is too scared to take risks. She spends her non-white christmas ay her grandpop's. Thats the place where Rose lives. She's this science geek who wants nothing more than to go to the city. She has two guys always trailing behind her. Dave and Luke, who is also her boyfriend.
Personally, I find Charlie's narration more interesting. The snippets from songs add to it. Where as Rose is more of a shallow person. I'm always looking forward to read more of Charlotte Duskin's part.
This is my first book by Cath Crowley, so I don't know much about her writing style but all I can say is, 'Man, she's good!'
A little wanting song is a bittersweet novel. I like the fact that its based more on friendship and love and far away from 'mean girl' scenario and cattiness even though Rose can be considered bitchy.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Little Wanting Song.

02/07/2012 page 9