~Kate~'s Reviews > Revived

Revived by Cat Patrick

Jul 23, 12

bookshelves: 2012, 4-stars, sci-fi, ya
Read from July 18 to 20, 2012

At first I did want this book because of the (American) cover but then when I read the synopsis I knew it would be a very interesting read.

I do like this book cover as I love the grey of most of the background but the hair is a yellow so it does stand out. There isn't really anything that would give away what this book is about within the cover but for me I would say that the hair being in colour suggests that there is some light to come to the character.

This is my first time reading a Cat Patrick novel and I now know it won't be my last. Patrick was able to create an emotional read which nearly had me in tears which is hard to do in a book. The only reason why I couldn't give this book the full five stars was because it was a bit too sad for me in places which I couldn't really cope with.

There is a lot of twists and turns in this book that I for one didn't expect which made this book an entertaining read which had me hooked right from the start. Even though I knew that this was about a girl who has died 5 times I still didn't expect it to be as sad as what it was and I felt down while reading the book. I kind of liked the ending but I would have liked to see more into the future as I think this is a stand alone so it would have been nice to see what actually happened to some of the characters.

The characters I liked. Daisy was a sweet 15 year old and by the end of the book I felt she had grown as she had a lot to deal with especially with some of the revelations that she stumbled across. I really liked Audrey's character as she was a strong person but I won't say anything else about her as it would be a huge spoiler. Matt I really liked he was so sweet but at times I felt so sorry for him. Daisy and Matt I didn't quite get the instant connection but by the end of the book I loved them and was routing for them.

Overall this is a book that you need to be in the right frame of mind as it will have you in tears. A very powerful read.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Revived.

07/18/2012 page 94