Avry15's Reviews > Heir to the Sun

Heir to the Sun by Jennifer Allis Provost

Feb 10, 12

bookshelves: reviewed, fantasy, paranormal-romance, young-adult
Read in February, 2012

originally appeared on:Bookshelf Confessions

I kind of felt guilty, since I have read this book last a while ago, and yet I only have the time to post my review now.. But then I hope, I could still help you readers to like this book the way I did..

First and foremost, I love the cover, but I think it would be a lot better with something showing off faeries, warriors, or something that truly depicts fantasy…

Heir to the sun is really a good epic fantasy.. the strong characters are there, the complicated and engaging plot, unique storyline, and every little bit of one’s imagination.

This book is set in a unique world with rich description. The entire plot is fantastic and original, it always get me by surprise when something happens which I totally didn’t thought would happen..:D Ms. Provost’s writing is especially exceptional, I love her words and how it appealed to me deeply, such great lines…

I find myself totally engaged with the characters’ relationships with each other. There's Caol'nir and Alluria with their forbidden love. And Asherah and Lormac-a powerful king that loves Asherah more than anything.

Although this is a genre of fantasy, I really did find myself wishing I could experience the magical world the characters are into. With the author’s vivid presentations and characters, it’s really easy to lose yourself into their world.

This book is the sequel to Rise of the Deva’shi, but like me you could read this as a stand-alone, the story is easy to grasp, and I think it’s a good thing that the author goes back to Asherah’s past, it gives us glimpses of her how and why.

Full of demons, fae, warriors, kings, elves, trolls, gods, action, romance, Heir to the sun is a though-provoking and soul/emotion-engaging epic fantasy book… Very highly recommended!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Heir to the Sun.