T.'s Reviews > As Always, Jack

As Always, Jack by Emma Sweeney

Feb 07, 12

bookshelves: letters, nonfiction
Read from February 01 to 07, 2012 — I own a copy

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read As Always, Jack.

02/07/2012 page 5
3.0% "My fantasies about my father were easily nurtured by the silence that surrounded his death."
02/07/2012 page 6
3.0% "Like many children who have never known their fathers, I created one, and he was perfect."
02/07/2012 page 31
17.0% "P.S. The first five days of February are celebrated here in China as New Year's. Somebody asked me if I didn't think it was peculiar, using several days to celebrate New Year's and I said no, I had tried it myself and thought it was a wonderful idea."
02/07/2012 page 32
18.0% "Women are a snare and a delusion and life is not worth living."
02/07/2012 page 34
19.0% "...I'm deeply in love with you, Beebe, and that's not kiddin'. Sorry to break up our beautiful friendship, but that's how it is."
02/07/2012 page 49
27.0% "I think you spoiled me — nobody else seems to be good enough for me any more. How long does this go on?"
02/07/2012 page 70
39.0% "...I miss you more all the time. I thought possibly when I first left you, way back there in January, that the reason I thought of nothing but you was that it was the most recent happening in my life; but the longer I'm away, the better perspective I seem to get and the more I realize that you're the most wonderful girl I've known."
02/07/2012 page 104
57.0% "...maybe one changes while one isn't looking..."
02/07/2012 page 133
73.0% "(in fact, you're the only girl in my life) (in fact, you're my life)"
show 1 hidden update…