Miranda Lopez's Reviews > Royally Crushed

Royally Crushed by Niki Burnham

Feb 07, 12

Read on February 07, 2012

When I first saw the book title, I totally thought it was going to hurt my heart. Once I started reading it, I realized that I was soo wrong and completely enjoyed the story.

It starts off with Valerie getting her life turned upside down when her perfectly matched parents tell her that they are getting divorced. I won't say why, as you'll find out in the first chapter. It deals with a controversial subject, but the way it's introduced makes you laugh and feel what Valerie is feeling.

Since her father has a pretty cool job working in the White House with the president, the situation with the divorce garners a transfer to a tiny unknown town in Germany where you'll finally see where "Royally" comes from. I have never read a more 'handsome' Prince Georg. (yes, it's spelled correctly)

Valerie goes on a journey to grow up from her age fifteen and realize that she needs to make decisions for herself and start living as her friends are all back in Virginia. It's an amazing story with self acceptance, and acceptance overall.

Sometimes just thinking and talking about what is bugging you makes all the difference. It's a YA book as the characters are in high school, but I think that anyone who likes the fairy-tale idea with a prince would enjoy the read.

P.S- I think my fave part is when a "separation" is no more and when certain best friends from Virginia come to the rescue for Valerie all in Germany. So awesome. :)

Stopping now before I get repetitive.
2 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Royally Crushed.

message 1: by Nuella (new)

Nuella i totally agree with you! at first i thought it would be sad but it turned out different from what i thought. i love it. Love the way it is 3 books all combined into 1, make it easier for me not to waste money lol. Anyways, my point is i love this book. Nikki is a great author!!! :D
Nuella