Rachel (The Rest Is Still Unwritten)'s Reviews > The Faerie Guardian, Part I

The Faerie Guardian, Part I by Rachel  Morgan

Mar 13, 2012

bookshelves: i-own, arc-s, e-book, for-review
Read in March, 2012

** spoiler alert ** **First, I'd like to say a BIG thank-you to author Rachel Morgan for providing me with an ecopy of this to read and review as part of her blog tour!**

Guardian by Rachel Morgan is an incredibly fun, exciting, although somewhat short story that caught me from the very beginning and left me desperately wanting more!

One of the things I loved about this novelette is that Morgan begins the start of her captivating tales pretty much straight away. There’s no prelude or messing around. Violet and Nate meet, get tangled up due to a series of events and their story begins! Morgan’s writing style is fantastic; easy to read, vivid, and perfectly descriptive. The world she has crafted is exciting, although I would have liked a bit more explanation of the workings within it, but seeing as this is the first novelette in a series, I foresee a lot of expansion in future books.

Our main character Violet is an awesome heroine to follow! She’s feisty and independent and well and truly able to take care of herself, despite some of the situations she finds herself in. The girl’s got spirit and flair and her sharp tongue and quick wit had me in stitches at times. Morgan writes her “voice” in such a way that you can’t help by love this quirky and sarcastic guardian.

The interactions between Vi and Nate, the human boy that she accidently returned to the fae realm with, constantly brought a smile to my face. Nate is sweet, with just the perfect amount of personality to be interesting within the story, yet not overbearing. His own wit and outlandish comments entertained me even as they annoyed Violet. His modem day references to films and occasional cluelessness endeared him to me.

There’s a romantic connection between the two of them, but it’s not rushed or forced despite the shortness of the story, but rather a delicious possibility as Violet begins to feel things she’s never before felt. Both Violet and Nate are sweet and although it’s early days I cannot wait to see how Morgan develops and enhances their relationship.

Filled with colourful characters, that personally I want to know more about, and with a feisty heroine, the tone of the story is light, while still being fun. Guardian left me wanting more and I eagerly await the next installment!
4 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Faerie Guardian, Part I.