Julie's Reviews > Heaven and Earth

Heaven and Earth by Nora Roberts

Feb 22, 12

bookshelves: favorites
Read on February 22, 2012

This is one of my absolute favorite series of Nora Roberts. I have read this at least once a year for I think ten years now. I lost the paperbacks in a move and purchased each book on the Kindle within 2 days of receiving my Kindle. I am very happy to see Mrs. Roberts’ books being offered as a set for the Kindle now, since if I am going to read one, I am probably going to read the whole set.
Back to this series, this book combines a little witchy magic, a little imagination, and of course wraps it up with romance to make it perfect. Nell Channing a little scared, unsure mouse arrives on an island created by three sisters many years ago. Not knowing she was final piece of the puzzle she starts her life as a chef in a charming bookstore with a café inside. I can actually picture myself sitting at a table with my new book, waiting on Nell to bring me a yummy sandwich.
As usual in these books, you can tell who she is going to fall for quickly, and you enjoy watching these two figure out they are in love. And what I love about more than one book is I get to meet the other characters, and we become friends, then when the first book ends, I can happily start the next and see them again. The second book is when the Sherriff’s sister Ripley gets to meet her mate, a geeky good-looking scientist studying the paranormal. The third book is the culmination of the legend and the final part of the love story when the most self declared bachelorette on the Island meets her old flame from high school.
The how and the details are what keep me coming back for more. Like a comfy chair, I love to curl up with these books over and over.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Heaven and Earth.

02/22/2012 page 353