Christian Fiction Addiction's Reviews > An Amish Family Reunion

An Amish Family Reunion by Mary  Ellis

Feb 06, 2012

Mary Elis has written a moving story centred on family, faith, and the importance of having our priorities in life set straight. I unfortunately have not read prior books by the author where many of the characters were previously introduced. Because of that, I found it a bit difficult to keep all the characters straight at first. However, I can say that overall readers who enjoy Amish fiction will appreciate the drama that unfolds, the family tensions brought on by different views on faith issues, and the likeable characters. I especially enjoyed the unique talents of Phoebe Miller and Eli Riehl, Phoebe having a gift for drawing that is questioned by other Amish, and Eli’s dream of writing a children’s book also being out of the norm for Amish men. The author appears to understand the inner workings of the Amish culture and presents both the joys and struggles of the Amish people in a realistic manner. The books conclusion is moving and satisfying, and will surely please readers who have been following the adventures of the Miller family through The Miller Family Series.

I strongly recommend this book and award it 4 out of 5 stars.

Book provided courtesy of the publisher and FIRST Wild Card for the purposes of this unbiased review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read An Amish Family Reunion.