Ana's Reviews > In His Eyes Anthology

In His Eyes Anthology by S.R. Johannes

Feb 06, 2012

Read from February 07 to 15, 2012

This is a tough review to write. I wish I could tell you about each and every story in this book because they’re great…each one introduces the reader to a new setting, a new group of people and a new adventure.

But I can’t…so I’ll tell you about the overall feelings I got from this book:

I was surprised by how different each story was. Yes, there’s a theme of love that runs through them but the approach to the theme is unique within each tale.

I was captivated by the characters…spies, mermen, gods, guardian angels and many more…all sharing their stories and their worlds from their own points of view. I can admit that many of these characters are swoon-worthy even in these tiny glimpses.

I was charmed by the range of feelings that these stories explored. The characters were nervous, confused, self-assured, heroic, focused, determined and, of course, in love. And, even in a few short pages, each author managed to convey these feelings so clearly that I was pulled into the action quickly.

I was frustrated (in a good way) because some of these stories were not nearly long enough…I needed more!

I was happy that I could pick up my kindle, even if I only had a few minutes, and immerse myself in a quick journey to stimulate my imagination (and get away from the real world).

I was busy….buying new books by authors I just discovered!

Overall, this is a quick read that will introduce you to some wonderful authors and fantastic characters! I look forward to another anthology in the future.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read In His Eyes Anthology.