Crazy4more's Reviews > Taming the Highland Bride

Taming the Highland Bride by Lynsay Sands

Mar 05, 12

3.5 stars...oh how I wanted to give it higher rating bc I loved the characters but the plot fell short for me.

That said, it wasn't a total loss since I finished it and moving onto to the next book. As I mentioned, the characters were full of life, humor, romance and passion. The plot, to be fair, was not half-bad but I thought it was drawn out and not as suspenseful as the first book. Alexander, brother of Evelinde, came home from the Crusade, to claim his clan after finding out the death of his father and the marriage of his sister. Merry Steward, Alex's bride-to-be, thrusted herself at his mercy, hoped to get away from her druken father and 2 brothers. After her mother's death at the age of 15, she had taken over the responsibility of her father's clan...and then some. Due to her upbringings, she's known as Merry the Shrew. Needless to say, Merry's hopes & dreams for happiness were shredded to pieces when she found herself running from one drunken home to another.

As Alex's trying to woo his wife and prove he's nothing like her family, except for Kade, her oldest brother who's been missing for 3 yrs on another Crusade, he was taken and fallen for her even though she's a suspect of drugging and killing him.

So there you have it, a short start of this second book. The sweet romance, keen intuitive, determination and passion of Merry and Alex got me thru this read, but I missed the highlander kick-in-the-arse attitudes turned puddy when the lass was done with him.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Taming the Highland Bride.

03/03/2012 page 165
43.0% "Sweet but plot is weaker than previous book...so far..."
show 1 hidden update…