Princess Bookie's Reviews > Feedback

Feedback by Robison Wells

Jul 01, 2012

bookshelves: read2012
Read from June 28 to July 01, 2012

My Thoughts: I remember last year when I read Variant. I thought it was really good. It was kind of odd, but good.

If you haven’t read Variant yet, do not read this review! Feedback reunites us with Benson Fisher. Benson and his friend Becky have escaped the school finally and are out in the woods when they run into Jane. The real Jane. Becky is close to death but Benson won’t let her go.

Jane introduces Benson to a group of students he already kind of knows. Most of them at the school were either robots or have gotten sent to detention. The robots are the dupes of these kids. Basically their emotions are tied together and when they go active, they can feel their feelings, as known as feedback. All these kids are forced to live in this small town and make it function. They can’t leave, they have no way to leave. They don’t even know how far it is to get to other people.

Feedback focuses on Benson and the gang trying to find out a way to escape and get to civilization and find a way to get everyone out in the real world and expose the school. It sure isn’t an easy task since the leaders of the school come and monitor all of them. Whenever they come on the property Becky and Benson must hide and fast.

Variant had such a major cliffhanger I couldn’t wait to read Feedback! Honestly, I really enjoyed Variant and I also enjoyed Feedback but not quite as much. Almost. Almost. At times though, it felt like it got slow and nothing was really happening but then it would speed up again.

I’m happy to say this. I’m glad that all those characters I thought who died didn’t die. Especially all of those who were sent to detention. I’m glad they weren’t murdered.

Feedback was an enjoyable read, and I’m happy to be back with Benson and to see him figure out what to do. But, to warned! I need another book now!!! The cliffhanger didn’t leave me with my mouth hanging open like Variant did, but I need to know what happens next!

Overall: Really liked it a lot. Less talk, more action! haha! When does the next one come out again? Give this series a chance but make sure you have both books when you read them!!! Or else after Variant, you’ll want to throw it across the room!

Cover: Like it! It totally goes with the first cover! At least we kind of know what Benson looks like, kinda.

What I'd Give It: 4/5 Cupcakes
Taken From Princess Bookie

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Feedback.