Lindy's Reviews > Dreamfever

Dreamfever by Karen Marie Moning

Mar 20, 12

bookshelves: adult-fiction, fantasy, paranormal, mystery, romance
Read from March 14 to 15, 2012

Wow! Just WOW! Throughout this series, Moning has spun a tale so haunting and terrifying I couldn't keep myself from turning to the next page, and the next, helpless to stop the ride until the book came to its shocking conclusion. This dark story takes the reader to places they don't really want to go--no thanks, UH-UH--but once you're in, you're in to the end. Thankfully just before we sink into the drowning depths of hopelessness, Moning eclipses the violence with sharp humor, and strong reminders of what humanity is at its finest--bendable, ever changing--what doesn't kill us makes us stronger. Hats off to Moning for somehow creating a character that is not only relatable (regardless of Mac's sidhe seer/Nulling/OOP/plus other butt kicking abilities) but that has transformed along the way--from a teddy bear, pink and plush--to the likes of a chain saw composed of cold iron, jagged raw at the edges, prepared to take you out with one wrong move. Whew! Shadowfever is burning a hole in my lap as I write this...now I'm off to read it. I only hope Mac and I make it out alive!
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dreamfever.