Dorri's Reviews > Tricked

1916877
Jun 10, 12

bookshelves: fantasy-urban, mythological
Read on April 24, 2012

** spoiler alert ** Kevin Hearne, you are a bad, bad man. I will read your books with my dying breath. Tricked is the Iron Druid's fourth book and Mr. Hearne obviously enjoys brutalizing his characters in fun and unusual ways.

First line in the book: "The best trick I ever pulled off was watching myself die. I did a respectable job of it too - the dying, I mean, not the watching!"

Atticus, Oberon, and Granuaile find themselves helping Coyote, one of the First People, to "kill off" Atticus so that he can escape the repercussions of killing the god, Thor. Actually, it's to get all of the gods in general off his back so that he can teach Granuaile to be a druid. As Atticus is the only druid alive today, this is a very important task for him. Coyote negotiated with Atticus to get him to move a little stone. Well, a lot of gold really. So Coyote helps Atticus fake his death. And since he is a trickster, Coyote couldn't help also entangling Atticus in the little matter of the skinwalkers. Skinwalkers who suddenly have a taste for druid after a goddess of death decides Atticus isn't on her side.

The things Mr. Hearne puts Atticus, Oberon, and Granuaile through would turn most people green....or cause a little case of death, but I can't stop reading. Finishing this book the same day I picked it up and knowing I'm going to be waiting almost a year for book five, well, it's painful. Darn you Kevin Hearne for writing your addicting novels!
2 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Tricked.