Kirsty's Reviews > Nine Uses for an Ex-Boyfriend

Nine Uses for an Ex-Boyfriend by Sarra Manning

F 50x66
Feb 06, 12

Read in February, 2012

** spoiler alert ** Although I really enjoyed Manning's two other adult books, Unsticky and You Don't Have To Say You Love Me, I didn't find myself enjoying this as much as I wanted to. It was still well written and filled with funny parts, but the fact that the main character of Hope kept going back to her cheating boyfriend really started to annoy me the third or so time, it just got so repetitive. I also found myself not liking the other main love interest of Wilson because of how awfully he was described when introduced.
Being a primary teacher myself I did enjoy the school scenes and how it was woven through the story very realistically (although the mention of six year olds said to be doing key stage two books meant the picky teacher inside of me wanted to cross it out and write 'key stage one'!), but the fact that I started to dislike the main characters towards the last quarter of the book means I can't give it more than a two star rating. Would recommend Manning's other books before this one.
3 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Nine Uses for an Ex-Boyfriend.