Ryan Schumacher's Reviews > Into the Wild

Into the Wild by Jon Krakauer

Feb 21, 12

Read from February 06 to 16, 2012

Well done Mr. Krakauer. As of late, I've been having a tough time with the non-fiction books that I've read. That has finally come to an end with Into the Wild. A non-fiction book that kept me interested the entire time, with an incredibly interesting- and incredibly flawed- person at it's center. Thoroughly researched the way a non-fiction book should be, Krakauer found and interviewed all the people involved and followed the same trail as the doomed McCandless. Despite admitting to a closeness to the story, the author told both sides, devoting entire chapters to McCandless's detractors and also admitting that this story is not necessarily original. But he told a great story that keeps you invested, although knowing how the story ends right from the cover of the book. And McCandless deserves this story, no matter how you think of him. He evokes strong opinions on both sides, and isn't that the point? To make you feel *something* strongly. I have become a fan and look forward to reading some of Krakauer's other books.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Into the Wild.