Rachelle's Reviews > Eleanor and Park

Eleanor and Park by Rainbow Rowell

Mar 08, 13

bookshelves: fiction, chick-lit
Read from March 03 to 07, 2013

Park is a Korean American 16 year old boy who loves comics and punk and I love him. Eleanor is a curvy red head who doesn’t like any one until Park shares his comics. Writing from each of their perspectives, Rainbow Rowell shares their story of first love and family troubles.

I was Attachments and I couldn’t wait to get my hands on another book by this delightful author.
I really enjoyed this story. I love how insecure both Park and Eleanor are. I love how they talk, “I want to eat his face” LOVE IT. I love that Park is a nerd. I love that Eleanor is in no way sweet nor is she your classic main character in a love story. But neither is Park to tell you the truth. But I think that is what makes this story so amazing and bitter sweet.

I don’t know if I loved this book as much as Attachments. I think it’s really really good. I wish I could say something constructive about why I’m not giving this book 5 Stars. To be honest I want to give it 4.5 stars but that’s not an option. This was a great book and one that I would reread.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Eleanor and Park.

Quotes Rachelle Liked

Rainbow Rowell
“What do you want to show me?"

"Nothing, really. I just want to be alone with you for a minute."

He pulled her to the back of the driveway, where they were almost completely hidden by a line of trees and the RV and the garage.

"Seriously?" she said. "That was so lame."

"I know," he said, turning to her. "Next time, I'll just say, 'Eleanor, follow me down this dark alley, I want to kiss you.'"

She didn't roll her eyes. She took a breath, then closed her mouth. He was learning how to catch her off guard.

She pushed her hands deeper in her pockets, so he put his hands on her elbows. "Next time," he said, "I'll just say, 'Eleanor, duck behind these bushes with me, I'm going to lose my mind if I don't kiss you.'"

She didn't move, so he thought it was probably okay to touch her face. Her skin was as soft as it looked, white and smooth as freckled porcelain.

"I'll just say, 'Eleanor, follow me down this rabbit hole...'"

He laid his thumb on her lips to see if she'd pull away. She didn't. He leaned closer. He wanted to close his eyes, but he didn't trust her not to leave him standing there.”
Rainbow Rowell, Eleanor & Park

Emily Yay!

Rachelle I know its the book that would never be released!

Rachelle I know its the book that would never be released!

Loryn I was just going to recommend this to you!!!!

Rachelle I've been waiting for it for like a year lol. its good too, I would much rather be reading right now

Emily I'm glad you liked it. I'm on a wait list at the Library for it...