Mary Grace's Reviews > Fairy Bad Day

Fairy Bad Day by Amanda Ashby

4202510
Feb 07, 12

Read from February 06 to 09, 2012

Emma Jones was destined to be a dragon slayer until the day she was assigned to be a fairy slayer. A fairy slayer – imagine the shock of Emma upon hearing the news.

Fairy Bad Day was a refreshing read. It is a good stand alone book that is both unique and appealing with both the characters and world building. The characters were ok – but at first I really didn’t like Emma with all her anger, stubborness and immaturity towards her “destiny” but eventually the character pulled through. She did save the academy and all. The pacing was steady – it wasn’t slow or dragging. I’d like to point out a few details though. First is the fact that the novel lacked in the back story department. Ashby didn’t provide us with a solid history to go on. That’s where Fairy Bad Day was lacking. I mean, granted that Ashby gave us an idea of Emma’s world but it was insufficient leaving the reader with holes regarding the story. Second, is the romance. I can do without the romance and to be honest the story didn’t need that at all.

This is a decent book. It wasn’t predictable, it wasn’t boring and it was a quick read however it wasn’t great. At the end of the story, a few will have questions or rather expectations that weren’t met but I can definitely say it’s very enjoyable. It was both entertaining and exciting. I wasn’t disappointed, I just expected more giving this book 3 starts on my list.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fairy Bad Day.

02/06/2012 page 190