Meghan Tracy's Reviews > Brisingr

Brisingr by Christopher Paolini

4401950
Feb 06, 12

Read in February, 2012

As much as I enjoyed reading this book, I foudn the meandering quality to be a bit trying most of the time, which leaves me feeling ambivalent towards it, at best. There were times in the book when I was leaned forward, eyes glued to the page, as I rushed through the action to get to the part where I knew Roran or Katrina or Saphira were okay. However, those times were only interspersed throughout the rest of the book. I know I’ve said this time and again, but it’s just not necessary to tell me every moment of a four day journey. In fact, if nothing happens that’s important to the plot, it’s totally okay to just say that it took them four days to reach blah, blah, blah. Now, this is not to say that every journey in the book is a waste of words. I quite enjoyed Eragon’s journey to Mount Thardûr with Garzhvog. The insight into a race that most viewed as purely evil was delightful and I found the Kull to be charming, but this is not always the case with Eragon’s journeys. They are frequently tiresome.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Brisingr.