Bookie | The BookChick 's Reviews > Fatal Flaw

Fatal Flaw by Marie Force

6190526
Book Description:
Back from their honeymoon, Senator Nick Cappuano and D.C. Police Lieutenant Sam Holland are ready for some normalcy after the whirlwind of their wedding, but someone has other plans for them. When Sam discovers wedding cards containing thinly veiled death threats, she's not sure if she or Nick is the target.

Already on edge, Sam and her team start investigating a series of baffling murders. The victims are well-liked with no known enemies, and the murders are carried out in a clean and efficient manner. Unable to find a clear motive for the deaths, she feels like she's chasing her tail.

With no obvious connection between the victims, Sam soon suspects that she may be the ultimate prize in the killer's clever game. When the danger starts to hit a little too close to home, she has two goals: find the elusive murderer and manage to live long enough to enjoy her happily ever after.

My Thoughts:
My review on this book is simple…I loved this story. Marie Force has yet again produced another slam dunk for the Fatal series. Fatal Flaw was a masterfully thrilling tale full of suspense, intrigue, and romance. I adored Nick and Sam as a couple. Their relationship was complex – he a senator and she a police lieutenant – but they made it work. To me, they are reminiscent of Eve and Roarke in Nora Roberts/JD Robb In Death series and it is one of my most favorite series of all times so I don’t make the comparison lightly. The romance between Nick and Sam did not take a back seat to the suspense. Force nicely comingled many story elements so that the story was engaging and interesting all the way through. With each death I kept wondering just what would happen next and was quite impressed with the ending.

The story was faced paced and kept me on the edge of my seat until the very end.

Brava, Ms. Force. Brava!!!

Reviewed for NetGalley

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fatal Flaw.