Chauntika's Reviews > Sweet Possession

Sweet Possession by Maya Banks

Feb 08, 2012

liked it
bookshelves: 2012, adult, really-liked-it, sweet-series, stephanie-perkins, adult-erotic-romance
Read in February, 2012

I really enjoyed this.

Connor has been hired to head the security team of Lyric, a pop singer, while she is in his hometown of Houston to give a performance at a local event, and keep her protected from the threat of a stalker that her record company has been keeping secret from her. Connor doesn't want the job. He thinks she is an entitled spoiled brat who needs to grow up and stop being a troublemaker, but he can't deny that he has a strong attraction to her. Lyric doesn't want Connor anywhere near her, because she knows that he may just be the one who can see right through her spoiled brat armor that she puts on for those around her.

Lyric doesn't trust anyone. So it takes a lot for her to open up to Connor and his friends. But once she gets around the other women-Faith, Angelina, Julie and Serena-her armor starts to crack. I would have read this book for the scenes between the women alone. They were hilarious.

I really liked the romance in this one too. Connor and Lyric have a lot to deal with in the form of Lyric's issues with intimacy and trust. But Connor slowly breaks her down and shows her that she can be vulnerable around him, and he won't use it to exploit or hurt her.

I definitely recommend this one.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sweet Possession.