Laura's Reviews > I Heart You, You Haunt Me

I Heart You, You Haunt Me by Lisa Schroeder

Apr 14, 12

bookshelves: verse
Read from February 06 to 07, 2012

I Heart You, You Haunt Me by Lisa Schroeder is a story filled with love, grief, and guilt. Once again, Lisa Schroeder broke my heart into pieces. But this book actually broke my heart with a bit of disappointment as well.

I was not going to review this book, but Lisa Schroeder deserves much better than a blank page with three stars. The issue is mine. It happens, much like in real life, we can’t like and connect with everyone or every character. Hell, the world would be a boring place if we did! :) I did not like the main character in this story—Ava. It’s that simple really. I felt like some of her actions and thoughts were selfish and snit fittish (It’s a word in my world.haha…) that sparked my emotions more with anger than sympathy for her.

BUT…I would still recommend this book to the moon and back! Ms. Schroeder’s words, magic, and emotions continue to dazzle my heart again and again with lines like this one:

“He smiles that beach boy smile of his,
and right then I discover
a person has the ability
to feel
a hundred different emotions
all at the same time.”

Please read this book, if you are a verse fan or a Lisa Schroeder fan for sure! Again this was all me! I sound like I’m breaking up with someone—it’s me, not you! :D

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read I Heart You, You Haunt Me.

02/06/2012 page 130
58.0% 4 comments

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Aly (Fantasy4eva) you like? thought it was very touching at parts.

Laura Hey Aly! I am a full on verse addict now! Haha…But Lisa Schroeder hits me the hardest! I love her style! This one definitely touched my heart at times. I can’t wait to pick up Chasing Brooklyn now! :)

message 3: by Sam (new)

Sam I can understand why having difficulties with the main character would have prevented you from liking this more. Still, it does sound like a worth while read. :) I still need to read Chasing Brooklyn!

message 4: by Cara (new) - added it

Cara It does sometime feel like that Laura! Aw too bad but alas like you said sometimes it's just not meant to be.

message 5: by Wendy Darling (new)

Wendy Darling I sound like I’m breaking up with someone—it’s me, not you!

...and sometimes it's the other person. ;)

message 6: by Sonia (new)

Sonia I haven't read any of Lisa Schroeder's work. But I am going to give The Day Before a try ;-)

message 7: by Jasprit (new) - added it

Jasprit Aww it's a shame you didn't enjoy this one as much! But I'm sure you'll have plenty of awesome Lisa Shroeder books to get through! I will be reading Chasing Brooklyn soon so if you want a re-read let me know :)

Laura Thanks guys! :)

@Sam—Oh, Chasing Brooklyn! Yes! Get on that will ya! ;) I would read that one again right now! :)

@Jasprit! Anytime Lady! Just let me know! I would LOVE a re-read of Nico! :)

@Wendy!—Hell it’s always the other person! ;)

@Sonia—Hey! The Day Before was my first Schroeder read. I loved it! Please keep me posted! Chasing Brooklyn is SO good too! Nico swept me off my feet! :D

@Cara—It really hurt to put this review out there. I can’t wait for her new one!!! :)Falling For You

message 9: by Cara (new) - added it

Cara I know I am too! It's going to be interesting because it's not in verse but I think she can pull it off;)