Soumi's Reviews > Enchanted

Enchanted by Alethea Kontis

May 16, 12

bookshelves: arc-e-galley, fairy-tales-retelling, books-i-reviewed, young-adult
Read from February 24 to April 09, 2012

The child who was born on Sabbath Day, is blithe and bonny and good and gay

Seventh daughter of a seventh daughter, Sunday Woodcutter is doomed to a happy life. One day she met an enchanted frog Grumble , befriends with him and soon they fall in love . One night kiss of her true love transformed Grumble back into Rumbold, crowned prince of Arilland. Now the prince is desperate to win Sunday’s love for the person he is now, not the frog she fell in love with.

Enchanted is wonderful makeover on “once upon a time” waving together all our favorite fairytales that we left behind our childhood days. An absolute beautiful and enchanting friary tale with grate combination of author's own creativity with my favorite tales of The Princess and the frog , Rumpelstiltskin, Jack and the Beanstalk, Sleeping Beauty with a little touch of Cinderella

Reading the book felt like living a magical dream. I was completely bewitched by this enthralling fantasy that transitions well from light humorous moments to moments of dark magic. I was amazed to see how richly imaginative this fantasy world is, as well as its characters.

The Princess, The Frog and Their True Love Kiss

Words have power, be they names or stories, and no one knows this better than Sunday Woodcutter, seventh daughter of a seventh daughter.

Sunday Woodcutter is delicate like a flower, strong as marble, as well as passionate and empathetic. As seventh daughter of a seventh daughter, she is gifted with some extraordinary gift of writing and everything she writes come true. With her own view of life, she is also very expressive in poetic way. Destined for greater cause, she bears her own desire to find the love she has been looking for. Loving and caring, Sunday is absolutely adorable.

I was charmed by Rumbold ; dreamy and determine, he is a fairytale prince who is not so perfect . When he got the chance to start over life again, he was fragile, also unable to speak, incapable of recalling his memories as human and skills he acquired as a prince. But love conquers all; desperate to prove himself worthy for the girl he loves, he overcame everything stand in his way to win back Sunday. He is one of those few characters with potentials of their own.

“It’s me!” he wanted to scream. He wanted to laugh, to cry, to scoop her up in his feeble arm and take her back to the Wood, back to their well, back to where they had fallen in love. Where she given him one thing he had never known he was missing and had made him whole. Wher he had been born again. Where he had chosen life, for her. All for her.

One of the most romantic lines I have ever heard, so touching and heart rending. Romantic elements are not overdone and I find myself smiling at those sweet romantic moments. Both Sunday and Rumblod are descendent of such family that has no history of good relationship in past. Their love made me complete with joy as well as empty with sadness. Few moments I was absolutely worried, especially at royal ball when Sunday met Rumbold as prince with no sign of reorganization in her eyes. I love the way he slowly made his place in her heart. He never tried to bind her; he won her with love and patience.

Beautifully written, the lines are lyrical and the world building is phenomenal. It was an wonderful experience for me. An amazing story with grate flow, recommended for all young adult fantasy lover.
6 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Enchanted.

02/24/2012 page 17
03/02/2012 page 76
25.0% "Stay on hold for few days darling"
03/07/2012 page 76
25.0% "Blog tour on may, If I finish it now i will forget everything before writing the review. So darling Sunday, stay on hold, I will come for you soon"
04/06/2012 page 157
51.0% "Aww..they just saw each other but sadly Sunday couldn't recognize him"
show 2 hidden updates…

message 1: by Anagha (new)

Anagha Who's organizing the blog tour, Soumi?

Soumi Anagha wrote: "Who's organizing the blog tour, Soumi?"
Of course the author, she will be organizing a giveaway at a my blog too on april

message 3: by Anagha (new)

Anagha Awesome! I will be there!

Soumi Anagha wrote: "Awesome! I will be there!"
Definitely :)

message 5: by Cyndi (new) - added it

Cyndi Stauff Looking forward! Thanks for the invite!

Soumi Welcome Cyndi