Elizabeth's Reviews > A Little Night Magic

A Little Night Magic by Lucy March

Feb 07, 12

bookshelves: romance-paranormal, supernatural
Read from February 06 to 07, 2012

Sometimes I get so tired of witches and magic and all these other required creatures in an urban fantasy book. Yes, I like a lot of these books. But does everything have to be supernatural any more? Can't a really good book be written just about people people??

Having said that, I got sucked into listening to the audio book of this one because audible told me if I liked such and such books I would be sure to like "A Little Night Magic" by Lucy March. AND it was narrated by Amanda Ronconi and I do really like her as a narrator.

I did like this one. Olivia is our main character and is in something of a rut in her life. She plans to travel to Europe so that she doesn't stay in her small town wallowing in sorrow from unrequited love. The book opens with this decision having been made and she is announcing it to her friends and coworkers.

She is visited in the waffle house where she works by a woman who tells her she (Olivia) is magic. And drama ensues. She finds out people are not all who them seem--herself, her friends, her family. Sometimes I think she was way to sanguine about all the upheavals. But that is a minor quibble.

It's a fun, light book. I recommend it to people who enjoy supernatural elements to books.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Little Night Magic.