Deborah's Reviews > The Gathering Storm

The Gathering Storm by Robin Bridges

Loved this book! A Russian mixed with paranormal novel featuring a young adult girl who unwittingly becomes the central focus of a plot to win the battle between the Dark Court and the Light Court of Russian aristocracy. This involves faeries, psychic abilities, vampires, ghouls and the like. And, it involves the tension of a love match choice between the female protagonist, Katiya and the Grand Duke (Light Court) or Prince Danilo (Vampire-to-be--Dark Court).

Beautifully written with close keeping to actual lives of the Russian royalty of the 1880's, this is a book by an author who's done her research and obviously loves her characters. They are interesting and likable. I fell madly in love with each one from the beginning and found myself swept up in their intrigue from page one.

I hardily recommend this book to young adults and adult readers of YA fiction. It's a beautiful novel replete with details of Russia and Russian customs that dazzle. You won't be able to put it down!

5 stars

Deborah/TheBookishDame
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Gathering Storm.