Christa's Reviews > Sunrise Point

Sunrise Point by Robyn Carr

Feb 08, 12

bookshelves: ebook-arc
Read from February 05 to 08, 2012

As an avid reader, I find many wonderful books, but there's not another series that surpasses the Virgin River one for me. While I have loved each installment, this book was special. After being introduced to Nora in a previous book, I wasn't sure that she was going to work as a heroine for me. As talented as I have seen Carr to be, I should have known better. She made Nora into a character that I loved and really rooted for. Even Tom, whom I thought was a little too judgemental of Nora, made a very appealing main character and hero. Nora's precious little girls added to the story, as did Maxie. Darla was a character that was fun to hate, and I feel that we haven't seen the last of the interesting Coop. I was shocked by the bad feelings between he and Jack as I haven't seen Jack in that mode before. I will be so anxiously awaiting the return of the Virgin River characters to see what Carr has in store for them next.

At twenty-three years of age, Nora Crane has already led an extremely difficult life. Believing herself to have been abandoned by her father and then kicked out by her mother, she is trying to raise two young children after being abused and left in dire circumstances by her ex-boyfriend. A hard worker who is determined to make a decent life for herself and her children, she hires on as seasonal help at the apple orchard run by Tom Cavanaugh and his grandmother, Maxie. Tom Cavanaugh has been running his grandmother's apple orchard since leaving the military. He is ready for the next step in his life - a family of his own. He is immediately entranced by and attracted to Nora, but she is not the sort of woman he wants in his life. He does not want a woman with a sordid past, or responsibility for another man's children. Tom tries to ignore his feelings for Nora and bond with a woman who he believes is more suitable, but his heart won't follow in the direction he wants. As he tries to convince himself that he can have a light and casual relationship with Nora, circumstances in her life demand that Tom either step up and try to claim her as his own or let her go. Nora, who feels she has been unwise in her relationships, must decide whether she can trust her heart and Tom.

I enjoyed every second I spent reading this book, and it just kept getting better. It is one of my favorite of the Virgin River Series. The conflicts in this one were believable and interesting and the characters were wonderful. I highly recommend it to all VR fans. I received this book as an ARC through Netgalley.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sunrise Point.

02/05/2012 page 86
22.0% "Chapter 5" 7 comments

dateDown_arrow    newest »

♡Karlyn P♡ I am at 52% now, and I think its FAB so far. I'm loving it.

Christa Are you still enjoying as much as you were? I finished it, and completely loved it. I thought the characters were wonderful in this one - but that's what I think about all of the VR books.

♡Karlyn P♡ I finished it an hour ago and LOVED it!! Will write review tomorrow. I loved MaXie too, I pray we see more of her. What a GREAT romance. ((happy sigh))

Christa I completely agree about Maxie and the romance. I also loved Nora's precious little girls. Do you suppose the next book will be about Coop?

♡Karlyn P♡ I assume Coop will be a major character if not a hero. I'm on the fence about him, parts I liked and parts I didn't. But overall we never saw enough to really know.

Btw, loved your review! I think we felt exactly the same way. :-)

message 6: by TJ (new)

TJ AGH! I'm so far behind! I didn't discover this wonderful series soon enough, now I'm playing catch up and your wonderful review, Christa, makes this one sound like one I want to read NOW! *sigh*

♡Karlyn P♡ TJ, while I wouldn't recommend reading most of the this series out of order, this one really could. The H/h only made a small appearances in earlier books, and the heroine's back story is explained more than enough too understand her situation.

message 8: by TJ (new)

TJ Thank you KarLyn! I may jump ahead.... just this once. ;)