Aimee's Reviews > The Night Circus

The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern

Apr 26, 2012

Read from February 05 to April 26, 2012

I started out unsure how I would feel about this book, but it was actually quite stunning. The details of the circus are written in such a way that it's almost completely tangible. The complexity of the story itself is a complete tangled puzzle until halfway through when the connections start being made.

One thing I would advise any reader to do while reading this book: Pay attention to the dates of each chapter. The author jumps through time and if you don't acknowledge this it will be easy to get disoriented and confused. But I understand the necessity, or rather, the idea for it.

Also, I felt as though it could have ended several times before it actually did, but once i read each extended part I was grateful it was there.

I would definitely recommend this to anyone who likes stories of wonder and the fantastic. It's not about magic. It's about illusion and making the impossible, possible.
2 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Night Circus.

Rana I'm glad you liked this book!

Aimee Rana wrote: "I'm glad you liked this book!"

Did you read it?

Rana Yep. I really liked it. I thought it was hard to follow at the beginning too, but once the stories started to tie together it was intriguing. Almost like a movie you need to see twice to fully understand everything. Generally though, it was very unique and completely different than anything I've read before.