Shawna's Reviews > Peak

F_50x66
Jun 12, 12

bookshelves: adventure
Read in February, 2012

** spoiler alert ** Peak is a 14 year-old boy who has a passion for climbing. He wants to be climbing mountains, but living in New York, he settles for (illegally) climbing skyscrapers. Until he gets caught. When he does, he has a choice of going to juvenile detention centre or live with his father halfway across the world; obviously, he picks the latter. When he gets to Tibet, that is when his father, tells him that he has an opportunity to summit Everest. If Peak makes it to the top before his birthday, he'll be the youngest person ever to stand above 29,000 feet. Along the way, he meets Zopa and Sun-jo who accompany him to the summit. Unfortunately, they have to take a different route up to the summit due to the Chinese soldiers. Because of health issues, Zopa stays back while the youngsters and Yash and Yogi continue on. As they near the summit, Peak makes a life changing decision; not the better for himself, but for Sun-jo's future.

I picked this book because the cover of the book caught my attention and after reading the back cover, I thought it had a good plot. Also, I've been eyeing this book since last year and since it was in the library, I took this chance to read it.

I finished this book because I wondered if Peak would summit Everest and what would happen with Sun-jo and Zopa.

I recommend this book to people who like reading adventure books.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Peak.