Kimberly's Reviews > Enemy Within

Enemy Within by Marcella Burnard

Feb 07, 2012

liked it
bookshelves: women-kicking-ass, science-fiction, romance, science-fiction-romance
Read from February 05 to 07, 2012

It took a lot of effort to want to continue this book at first. I found it a little TOO overwhelming to start with - events happening too fast, a lot of new information constantly being given about the characters before you had time to process what you've just learned - but I'm glad I stuck with it.

By the halfway mark I was positively looking forward to my reading time at the end of the work day.

A great read, after all! I'm looking forward to the next book, though I'd rather hoped it would continue with Ari's story (and not switched to different characters).

Still, it's a fascinating and unique universe that the author has created. I look forward to reading more about it!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Enemy Within.

02/05/2012 "So far I'm about halfway through, and I'm having conflicting feelings about this book. I'm enjoying the story, and I'm even enjoying the characters - but it just seems like there's a new trick or ability that is presented whenever there is a conflict or problem. Rather than building on existing abilities or character traits, the author keeps adding new ones when a situation arises? Unsure yet, will keep reading."