Wendy's Reviews > Tidal Whispers

Tidal Whispers by Jocelyn Adams

F_50x66
Jun 03, 12

Read in May, 2012

First off, I love the cover! The cover could easily be any or all of the heroines from this collection. These four short stories are perfect to read at the beach or when you don't have time to get sucked into a really long story. I was ready to go swimming!

Heart’s desire by Julie Reece
Ms. Reece starts out her story with amazing imagery in a dream world that is so realistic you feel you could reach out and touch it. Real characters with flaws; physical and emotional ones, make the story believable.

This is a short, sweet "tail" of young love and making big decisions. Cam and Tessa will have you looking at the ocean with a whole new look in your eyes. I'm so glad they finally found their HEA.

The Sweetest song by Claire Gillian
Whenever the Poseidon is involved, trouble will follow. Circe is a siren, under Poseidon’s rule; Otis and his fishing boat are her next target, or else! Of course she falls for the handsome sailor and is doomed. They both must fight and sacrifice to get their HEA.
A Surprise visit at the end will crack you up!

Pearl of Pau'maa by Kelly Said
Legends come to life in this fight to survive. Miki and Harmon have much in common but will their differences keep them apart? You want to blame the brother Creeb for all their problems, but end up liking him in the end. This story seems too short, even for a short story. It ended way too soon for this reader.

The Undergarden by Jocelyn Adams
As the saying goes, save the best for last; The Undergarden was by far, my favorite.

I loved seeing our world from such an “innocent” perspective, like seeing through the eyes of a child. Ms. Adams will have you laughing out loud at Nixie's lack of "pink one" knowledge, Wyatt's child-like explanations as he teaches her are just precious. This one is a real tear jerker, have your tissues ready!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Tidal Whispers.