Wei Cho's Reviews > Crown Jewel

Crown Jewel by Fern Michaels

Feb 05, 12

bookshelves: romance
Read in January, 2006

I have a knack for encountering romance that features rich people getting what they want and getting better and better at life. They fall in love and everything is perfect in their little universe. The story sounds too good to be true, even too good for rich people. Rockstars, millionaires, resorts, love affair??? Too good to be true, almost bordering a high degree of unrealistic circumstances and shallow conditions.

This is a book that makes me sick and abhor all rich people on Earth. They can get anything with the snap of their fingers. Anyway. The locations were good and described. There was character development, but I usually thought the lot of them as cocky and talking just how money had breed them to.

There wasn't anything remarkable in this story, other than the luxuries the protagonists were accustomed to every day. The love affair between Ricky and Roxy was outrageous. Seriously, brother and sister-in-law? After Ricky's brother and Roxy's husband died? Even I would find that a bit fishy and unfair.

Ricky is trying to fulfill Phillip's dream of building a resort because of a guilty conscience and thinks that this way, he might get to know his brother better, to make up for the time they lost. That is a guilty conscience to me. And whatever is Roxy thinking when she starts this love affair with her brother-in-law. Well, so much for a romantic story.

The fortunate circumstances of this story are too good and too fast to be true. Every endeavor the characters set their mind on was accomplished smoothly. Nothing on the way. All the characters had a happy ending (which is desirable in any story), but then again, they got their way almost throughout the entire story.

I'm just saying that things could've been better.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Crown Jewel.