Dee-Ann's Reviews > Facades

Feb 12, 2012

liked it
bookshelves: australian-authors
Read in February, 2012

This story is of Simone, a mother of two almost grown-up daughters, wife of an orthodontist. She and her husband have been grwoning apart, basically since the birth of their first daughter and immigration to Australia. Simonen and her husband, at the time of the book, were both engaged in sexual affairs. This book details much of the detsil in the sexual encounters, as well as the events that happen around them, which result in a climatic outcome.

Whilst the story had its moments where I had to read some more to find out what was happening, the writing style was a bit too clever or clunky (cant work out which) for me. In the first couple of chapters I was shocked and tantalised by the detailed description of the sexual encounters (and they were very descriptive), but after awhile it was too much detail in that it became boring. I dont think that I came away liking any of the characters very much.

I lovced tyhe fact that the author of this erotic story, is a 73 year old lady from Queensland ... this gives me inspiration that you are never too old.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Facades.

02/05/2012 page 31
12.81% "Steamy sex scenes, erotica etc ... but the quirky bit about this book is that is was written by a 73 (now 75) year old Queenslander. Sheis an inspiration. The only thing that bothers me slightly, is that the writing is too clever/sophisticated, but I am getting used to it. Interested to see how the story pans out."
02/07/2012 page 49
20.25% "still a bit uncomfortable with clever writing style, but enjoying the story ... and fashions."
02/08/2012 page 151
62.4% "bit hard to read on bus ... a bit too much information."